“We have all been guilty of this form of Sabbath desecration—‘speaking our own words.’ Not only may we break the Sabbath with our feet (‘If thou turn away thy foot from the Sabbath),’ and with our hands (‘doing thy pleasure on My holy day…doing thine own ways’) but also with our tongues (‘speaking thine own words).’…How easily we are drawn to talk about our everyday affairs on the Lord’s day” C. E. Hunter (ref#171)!
This post is a collection of activities that I might choose to help serve my brothers and sisters in CHRIST with my talk:
- Have in my pocket a spiritual quote or Scripture verse that I might give away if the conversation lends itself to the subject.
- Share a past week GOD-sighting or prayer request
- Share an answered prayer
- Exchange prayer requests
- Meditate on one Scripture thought then report how GOD magnified it in my life during the week.
- Confess my sins to others
- Memorize Scripture that is helpful for Christians in tribulation and for Christians with non-believing family and friends
- Have in mind at least one spiritual story each Sunday
However, with all these suggestions, FATHER, I will do my Christian friends no favor unless I display power in my living that can only be obtained by the actions of the SPIRIT. Help me do and say only what is the overflow or result of my relationship with You.