SPIRIT CHECK—ASSURANCES OF SALVATION
…FATHER, when I say, “I confess, with my mouth, that JESUS is Lord and believe in my heart that You raised him from the dead,” (Rom 10:9) I want to know positively that You accept my faith and have made Your home in me (John 14:23), for my heart can be deceived and my mouth can speak words without understanding (Rom 10:10).
Does Your SPIRIT bears witness with my spirit that I am Your child (Rom 8:16)? Let me examine myself to see if I am in the faith (2 Cor 13:5). For You give me assurances:
- Do I trust CHRIST (Heb 3:6)?
- Am I obedient to You (Matt 7:21)?
- Am I growing in holiness—am I always attempting to purify myself as CHRIST is pure (1 John 3:3)?
- Do I possess the fruit of the SPIRIT (Gal 5:22,23)?
- Do I have a love for other Christians (1 John 3:14)?
- Do others see my good works and glorify You (Matt 5:16)?
“If one desires to know whether he is regenerated or not, he simply need ask himself one question: Have I come to the cross as a helpless sinner and received the Lord Jesus as Savior” Watchman Nee (ref#33, p77)?