TESTS FOR SANCTIFICATION
NON CHRISTIAN Pursuers
[We all have friends and family that sit in our churches but only act like they are Christians. It is up to us to pray for their salvation. Here’s an opportunity to pray for them. Fill their name in the blanks.]
But, first, FATHER, I need Your grace to cover my questioning—my judging. Continually remind me that I do not review the tests for sanctification to pass sentence on ____, but to learn how to help (him/her) turn from (his/her) shipwrecking ways.
You not only call me to pray, but also to confront, admonish, encourage and help ____ as well as be patient (1 Thes 5:14). If any of these testing questions below I perceive ____ failing at, make me ready to help (him/her) in the way You direct.
- Do I see Your work of faith and labor of love and steadfastness of hope in (him/her) (1 Thes 1:3)?
- Does (he/she) attest to continuing in (his/her) belief in CHRIST (John 3:16)?
- Do I observe (him/her) being led by the HOLY SPIRIT (Rom 8:14)?
- Do I see traits of the fruit of the SPIRIT exhibited in (his/her) life (Gal 5:22-23)?
- Does (he/she) still listen to Christians and read and delight in Your Word (1 John 4:6)?
- Do I see evidence of (him/her) abiding in CHRIST for (his/her) day-by-day situations (John 15:4)?
- Does (he/she) regularly fellowship with CHRIST in prayer and worship (John 15:7)?
- Do I see results of (him/her) obeying CHRIST (1 John 3:24)?
- Does (he/she) show love to others (1 John 2:9-10)?
- Does (he/she) continue in fellowship with other Christians (1 John 2:19)?
(Points 1 – 10, ref#63, p803-805)